Wednesday, August 05, 2026

A Woman from a Paul Delvaux Painting walked along East School Street in Woonsocket RI

(images painted by Paul Delvaux)

We were heading out to the North End with our two dogs for a stroll and I said to my husband "look it's a woman out of a Paul Delvaux painting." Her hair was in a bun and she walked as if in a trance. Her profile was sheer Delvaux!!!

When we came back home I made supper. I used my jar of home-made pesto and added it to boiled whole wheat spaghetti noodles. While the noodles boiled I stir fried red and green bell peppers, red onion, chopped carrots, garlic, Chianti, and salt. I added it all together and it was delicious and colorful.

I let the dogs out to pee and the Delvaux woman was back at the end of our driveway. She was doubled over on the street. We phoned for help. Meanwhile her dealer who was making deals on the street wearing a cobalt blue T-shirt while on a ruby red bicycle shouted POLICE! POLICE! and everyone scurried into the shadows. 

No comments: