Monday, February 13, 2012

Facing Up

I was walking Lily down the street and ended up continuing on into a long walk. I ran into Deb and her handsome Golden, Riley who loves Lily. Lily and Riley walked together for a while and then ran in circles in the open field behind the yellow church.
Back on the street we saw Deb's neighbor walking his Doberman with a gigantic freshly killed muskrat dangling from it's mouth. I laughed and wanted to say is he carrying dinner? Deb's neighbor stopped to tell us he couldn't get the dog to let go of the muskrat and doesn't want to go into his house with it. It would scare his wife. While we were chatting his dog was standing in the driveway and dropped the dead muskrat but the man hadn't noticed. I said he dropped it The man thanked me and ushered the dog into the breezeway, leaving the dead muskrat frozen, on his front lawn. His little black claws curled, facing up.

No comments: