Monday, February 09, 2015

Jimmy Santiago Baca: April Writing Workshop

I often sit and think about the effect poetry has on me. I mean why so long now have I studied it and disembodied myself from the world and dove into its ravaging swells to drown or be carried time and time again to an amazing beach, an island in the mind I have never visited and there do I grab a stick and start hiking a trail where I meet strangers and creatures and trees and stones that delight and enchant me-- and I come up with the same answer-- that poetry always takes me back to a purity of heart, an innocence of being that plucks the strings of my soul as if a lyre harmonized me to all things around, and I can hear the essence of my being playing all around me, in tune with Creation.

This, my friends, is what we will accomplish in our writing group in small and large measures.

Jimmy Santiago Baca

Please join us at Hotel Albuquerque in Historic Old Town April 4th & 5th, 2015 for an intensive writing workshop with Jimmy Santiago Baca, ENROLLMENT IS LIMITED. For information on reserving your space please call (575)751-0952 or email karenannvargas@live.com.

No comments: