Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Transmitty

I woke at 3:30 AM ready to start the day. I have been a bit transmitty (and happy) the past few days which surprises me. I usually do not go into transmit-mode until July. Maybe swimming and walking and playing music have caused it.

Today has been a backwards day starting with a broken water heater. Luckily it was just the starter and Ritch came over right away and replaced it. He is lovely.

Romeo freaked when Ritch first arrived so I put him in his in his den. He continued to bark and paw at the den door but when I followed Ritch out to his van to get the new starter and came back in with him, Romeo was silent. Progress. He is a very smart dog.

"Your other one lasted 15 years, since 2003. The new one is only guaranteed for a year," said Ritch. "They don't make things like they used to."
"Well, it means I'll get to see you sooner," I said, laughing. "There's always a silver lining."

I cut my hair some more. I'm too hot, overheating even on a cool gray day.

As I write Romeo and Sammy are hanging out together in the stairwell. I keep opening my studio door to invite Romeo in but they are choosing to be together. "They are plotting," my husband says.

No comments: