Saturday, September 22, 2018

Lucky

Last week on Saturday at 7AM I woke up to a bunch of firemen in my driveway. They had just put out an engine fire in my 1995 Honda.

When the Lieutenant Fire Marshal arrived he was very thorough. We deduced that it was most likely the faulty electrical alarm system, or possibly mouse or squirrel but not vandalism. The interior of the car was unharmed (except smoke smell).

Anyway I needed some distance before I could write about it. We feel LUCKY that a neighbor was driving out to get a coffee at 6:30 AM and spotted the smoke and called. When she came by and told us I hugged and thanked her.

AMEN.

The fire could have taken down our new car and the garage and the neighbor's new car. So we feel very lucky. On top of it all the firemen and policeman were super kind and professional.

Yay, Woonsocket.

No comments: