Thursday, February 07, 2019

Nurse, Athlete: Samantha Roecker

"I don’t really want to be a professional runner. Right now, it’s all fun. I like proving to myself that I belong up there.”

“I’d love the team aspect of being behind a brand,” Roecker said. “But I don’t really want to be a professional runner. I think it would change something about running for me. Right now, it’s all fun. I like proving to myself that I belong up there.”

“I run whenever I can,” Roecker said. “I do the bulk of my training before work, around 5:30 in the morning. Luckily, I always have people to run with, since most of the Philly Runners work full-time. I’ll wake up, do my run, shower, change in two minutes, then walk 10 minutes to work. Or sometimes I’ll run to work, to make it faster. Then I grab breakfast and water in the cafeteria.”

After she clocks out for the day, Roecker usually meets a group to do a second run or workout, then cooks dinner at home before bed. “I don’t have much of a social life,” she admitted, laughing.

“I have to be hyper-focused,” Roecker said. “I measure out every minute.”

Article

No comments: