Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Start the Day

There was a flurry of police activity this morning in the neighborhood. The cops zoomed away with sirens and lights. I decided to take Romeo out. The sunrise lit up the sky a pink glow over Saint Anne's Church. It was at the Elks Club parking lot when I noticed that Romeo's red bandana was gone. It must've fallen off on the walk. I turned around and we ran retracing our steps. I found it on the sidewalk near my house.

I baked a skillet of almonds for 45 minutes at 250(F) and this time I didn't burn them. (I have three timers)

I try to start the day on the right foot.

My sourdough that I set up on Monday has been souring for three days unattended in the fridge (not my usual method). My nose is telling me it is too sour to rise. I just added more flour salt water and yeast to revive it at room temperature.

I might grind up the overly toasted almonds from Monday and add them to the batter. But then again maybe not. I could make almond flour pancakes!

No comments: