Monday, September 25, 2023

Relentless

There's a loud relentless barking of a dog. He's inside a 2nd floor apartment on the corner. The windows are open and the sound reverberates halfway down the block.  I was certain there was a dog chained up outside.

The rain is turning us all into mushrooms. While walking Romeo dog, I was determined to return my book at the library and get another.  My book was protected in a plastic bag. I wore my bright yellow rubber boots and lavender fleece hat but my sweatshirt and jeans got soaked. Romeo got soaked too.

I spotted two homeless guys crouched in two different empty abandoned storefronts sheltering from the rain. Where can the homeless go? The men's shelter is not open until November.

Romeo loves the rub down with a dry towel and now he's glossy and as soft as cashmere.

No comments: