Wednesday, June 05, 2024

Women Love Swimming

Yesterday I swam with the Air Force. There were ten guys. They were all so built it took extra work for them to swim. I wonder if they noticed us swimming ladies?

"Swimming generally is harder for men," I told my mechanic Sam who has a backyard pool.
 "I don't swim," he said. "My wife Michelle does, she loves it."
"Women have the advantage," I said. 

"Why is that?"

"We have more body fat even if we are slender. The composition of our body has more fat so we float more easily." Sam plays volleyball every night and is in various leagues and starts his day at Planet Fitness at 6AM. He's also a healthy eating home cook. These are his secrets to good health. He's a little older than me but I was certain that he was younger.

Overall, female swimmers can beat male swimmers under the age of ~10 years and achieve almost the same performance as men in the highest age groups (i.e., older than ~75–80 years) depending upon the distance and the stroke. source

ImageDid you know an idealized male torso has a shoulder to waist ratio of 1.6 which is trying to approximate the Golden Ratio?

https://www.britannica.com/science/golden-ratio

No comments: