Thursday, July 04, 2024

Bits

I walked by All Saints Church last week and there was a rusty hand saw on the lawn. It's still there.

I saw Christmas decorations piled up on the screened porch down the street, and U-Haul boxes and a stroller hanging on the wall.

Our neighbor Leanna has a plastic seagull in her yard facing our busy street, apparently to remind us of the ocean. Up close now I see the seagull is an eagle.

The cottage opposite us has two air conditioner hoses venting out the front window and it looks like the trunks of two elephants who are trying to escape.

8 AM July 4th: My neighbor wearing bright green Crocs just bought 3 bags of ice and is now smashing them on the sidewalk so she can cool down her holiday beverages.

A man in Blackstone who has five children is walking down the road, wheeling his youngest in a plastic red wagon pulled by a rope he has wrapped around his chest.

A lady at the pool asked me how to do a flip turn. "I'll show you, watch me underwater. It's a bit intimidating at first, approaching the wall, but you'll get it. It's a forward flip and flop to the side and push off the wall." I demonstrated a few times. "Be sure to blow air out of your nose as you flip. Now let yourself practice, you'll get it!" She practiced for about 15 minutes. "I did it!" she said. "Congratulations!" I said. "Somebody taught me and now you can teach someone."

No comments: