Wednesday, December 03, 2014

The Botero Supermarket


I was sent a 2 month free membership promotion in the mail to BJ's wholesale club and last night we went to Franklin to use it.

I knew they had 2 pound bricks of Fleishmann's baking yeast for 4 dollars, which is the bargain of the century. I got ten pounds of flour for the soup kitchen. They had a generous coupon for a rotisserie chicken so we bought a warm one for 2 dollars. I did manage to buy a few other things; a gallon of apple cider and a huge can of Folger's coffee.

Bj's is a Botero supermarket. Everything is distortedly HUGE. Immediately I missed my beloved Price Rite because it is cozy by comparison and there's always an ethnic mix of customers and products.

At Price Rite I can always get rolled oats, whole wheat flour, popcorn, sunflower seeds, Adobo, dried beans, Asian dumpling wrappers, bok choy and napa cabbage and pepper jack cheese. My beloved Price Rite is only 2 miles away. I can even bicycle there. There's no joining fee.

We felt like bandits knowing we would not return.

No comments: