Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Tuesday

Ragweed season is so intense. Luckily half a generic benadryl tablet keeps the waterfall of gunk down to a trickle otherwise I am doubled over in stomach pain. Today is cloudy for the first time in many days and it is calming and soothing. Lily's ankle swelling has to go away completely and then she needs a week of no swelling before her long walks can be resumed. We went back to normal to soon and she reinjured it last week. I pray she will have a full recovery. She is my constant companion, guru, savior and friend to many residents.

My pool has been closed indefinitely for ventilation system repairs. My husband says this is costly and may not happen for years. So I am swimming at CCRI Flanagan Campus which is amazing.

We got milk and cream from Wright's Dairy on Thursday and yesterday we made two batches of hand-cranked vanilla ice cream using a real vanilla bean. It was fantastic especially eaten on a hot sunny day.

No comments: