Saturday, June 27, 2020

Marinated Vegetable Kabobs

I'll let you know how they come out...

Update: They were the most amazing grilled veggies. I used baby bella mushrooms* (bigger is better so they don't split), spanish onions, orange cubanelle peppers, bell peppers both red and green.

I was a bit nervous about how this would work but I made a marinade of olive oil, fresh garlic, sriracha, wine vinegar, mustard, Adobo oregano, salt, pepper. It tasted like a good salad dressing.

Then I chopped veggies into wedges and dropped them into the marinade for an hour. I skewered the colorful wedges and then roasted them on the grill. The veggies tasted sweet and so good. If you make this make a lot because they are delicious leftovers.

more recipe ideas

*Baby bella and white button are strains of Agaricus bisporus mushrooms that look and taste differently. ... White buttons are harvested at an immature stage, while baby bellas are harvested an intermediate stage of maturity. Portabella mushrooms are fully mature baby bellas.

No comments: