Thursday, February 16, 2023

Krishnamurti

The word intuitive is one of the most dangerous words, like nationalism. I can have an intuition because it is what I want. Deeply I want something, and I feel that it is right, and I call that intuition. So one must distrust every word because every word, unfortunately, is loaded. All that we know is one thing: our mind is like a monkey, restless, chattering, moving up and down, everlastingly moving, thinking, worrying. How can such a mind look or listen? Obviously, it cannot. Then we say, ‘How am I to train it to be quiet?’ and we spend years training it to be quiet. Then it becomes another kind of monkey. People have spent their whole life moving from one monkey world to another.

Krishnamurti, From Public Talk 7, Saanen, 24 July 1966

No comments: