Tuesday, November 07, 2023

Dress Rehearsal Hummus

I just made a huge batch of hummus from the pound of chick peas I cooked yesterday. It's just not as good as it could be. It struck me as bland. So I added more garlic and salt. Perhaps I included too much chick pea liquid or maybe I need to add more freshly squeezed lemon juice or  more tahini. Now my tongue is tired from over tasting. I'm going to let it rest in the fridge.

No matter what it won't be wasted because I can freeze pints of it to use as a soup base which works out well. Maybe my memory is faulty about proportions and the tahini brand is different and so many variables. 

It's good but usually it's great. My husband will taste it and he might know. It might be a simple as needing more salt. I'll consider it a dress rehearsal.

Update it tasted good after a rest in the fridge. I added salt and  juice of another lemon. I will return to my favorite tahini brand, JOYVA.

No comments: