Friday, July 02, 2010

Story

Work can only be universal if it is rooted in a part of its creator which is most privately and particularly himself.
-Tyrone Guthrie

No, it's not a very good story - its author was too busy listening to other voices to listen as closely as he should have to the one coming from inside.
-Stephen King

I decided to devote my life to telling the story because I felt that having survived I owe something to the dead, and anyone who does not remember betrays them again.
-Elie Wiesel

The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.
-Frank Zappa

There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.
-Maya Angelou

And were an epitaph to be my story I'd have a short one ready for my own. I would have written of me on my stone: I had a lover's quarrel with the world.
-Robert Frost

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.
-Jimi Hendrix

A story should have a beginning, a middle, and an end... but not necessarily in that order.
-Jean-Luc Godard

If a man's fortune does not fit him, it is like the shoe in the story; if too large it trips him up, if too small it pinches him.
-Horace

I sing seriously to my mom on the phone. To put her to sleep, I have to sing "Maria" from West Side Story. When I hear her snoring, I hang up.
-Adam Sandler

I had the story, bit by bit, from various people, and, as generally happens in such cases, each time it was a different story.
-Edith Wharton

I'm just trying to tell a good story and make thought-provoking, entertaining films. I just try and draw upon the great culture we have as a people, from music, novels, the streets.
-Spike Lee

All directors are storytellers, so the motivation was to tell the story I wanted to tell. That's what I love.
-Spike Lee

The story I am writing exists, written in absolutely perfect fashion, some place, in the air. All I must do is find it, and copy it.
-Jules Renard

If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story.
-Orson Welles

No comments: