Friday, February 04, 2011

A.S. Neill

The spoiled child very often represents for the parents their second chance in life. I have made little of life because so many people thwarted me; but my son will have every chance to succeed where I failed.
-A.S. Neill, Summerhill

Then there is the spoiled child whose mother doesn't want him ever to grow up. Motherhood is a job - but not a lifetime job.
-A.S. Neill, Summerhill

I would never consciously influence children to become pacifists, or vegetarians, or reformers or anything else. I know that preaching cuts no ice with children. I put my trust in the power of freedom to fortify youth against sham, and against fanaticism, and against isms of any kind.
-A.S. Neill, Summerhill

Every opinion forced on a child is a sin against that child. A child is not a little adult, and a child cannot possibly see the adults point of view.
-A.S. Neill, Summerhill

No comments: