Thursday, July 09, 2015

Let me Name Him!

This morning I saw the new toy; a LeeBoy pothole filler. There were 9 Highway Dept guys fixing the roads on Social Street. There were two dump trucks and three steam rollers and guys with brooms, edgers and shovels. All the equipment looked like it would be excellent for making car-sized cookies and pies. There was even a piece of equipment that looked like a device for making pancakes. "Looks like Oreos!" I said as the asphalt got dumped from the truck into the pothole repair machine. The crumbs of asphalt came out steaming hot. The guys in day-glow green raked and shoveled and edged it and then drove the steam roller over it. "Does it have a name? I asked the guy closest to me. "Not yet." He said smiling. "How about Orangina, or Tangarine or Mascara, because it drips black lines. Let me name LeBoy!!!" I begged.

No comments: