Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Growing My Loaves of Sourdough

Today I mixed up two batches of multigrain sourdough and set the buckets of dough out to rise. The dough is a mixture of whole wheat flour, rye flour, pinhead oats, coarse cornmeal, bread flour, sourdough starter, kosher salt, Fleishmann's instant yeast and enough water to make the consistency of oatmeal. I set the dough in two buckets with lids loosely attached for breathing room. I placed the rising dough in another room, away from cat and dog (very important). Tonight I will punch down the dough and refrigerate it overnight. By tomorrow the gluten will have developed in time for baking day.
Meanwhile MARTY PEARSON, stone and brick mason is building a stone wood-fired oven for bread baking in Market Square for NEIGHBORWORKS BLACKSTONE RIVER VALLEY. Do I sound excited? I can't wait!!

No comments: