Sunday, April 26, 2020

Fitness

I will try not to bore you with how MISERABLE I was feeling the past few weeks not having my fitness routine of lap swimming. It's been BUGGING ME and affecting my MIND in a horrible way. So today after a downtown Romeo walk I set out by myself. I walked all the way to Champlain Ave where I ran into Celeste and we walked to Celeste's house having a social distance visit along the way. Then I ran into P who told me that he and his family all had Covid 19 (for 5 weeks!) but they are all better now. Then I jogged home. I was surprised that I was able to sustain a steady jog the whole trip home (1.5 miles). I felt like myself again. It was just like swimming in terms of how it gave me back my optimism and mental space. AMEN! For me 95 percent of fitness and mental health is about leaving the premises. My whole life is in my house. I must leave my house for fitness.

No comments: