Friday, October 01, 2021

Dream

I dreamed I made a painting - it was of Freud and Jung and myself at a big table. In the dream I was showing the painting to Jacob Knight, my friend the painter.

I dreamed my sister showed up at a party. She was in a hurry and handed me an infant child to babysit. I don't have another set of keys to the Volvo, she said, so I can't loan the car to you. She ran over to a display of ceramic mugs and scolded us about how she had arranged them previously to perfection the last time she had been at this house. Then she began rearranging them. Two of the mugs slipped and fell, breaking. I guess OCD runs in the family, I thought. But wasn't she in a hurry? The infant spoke. Are you okay? The child was already absorbing and worrying about the adults around him. Someone at the party glued the mugs together.

No comments: