Friday, October 29, 2021

Gabe Hudson Interview

Another thing that gives me courage is the opportunity to tell the truth. If, in the present moment, I feel I have the opportunity to tell the truth, I feel inspired & optimistic. I don’t mind talking about my own struggles with mental illness and depression because I know there are a lot of people out there who are suffering. And if by acknowledging my own struggles I can possibly alleviate someone else’s sense of isolation & anguish, I am happy to do it.

To that end, I find that I am most courageous when whatever I’m doing is ostensibly in service of others. And that includes writing. If I write exclusively for my own ego and glory, I don’t feel motivated. I know there are some writers who do and achieve great success with that mindset. More power to them. For whatever reason I’m not wired that way; sometimes I wonder if it would be better if I were. But if I think of my writing as somehow being in service of others, I can draw courage and inspiration from that.

-Gabe Hudson

https://anita-felicelli.ghost.io/q-a-with-gabe-hudson-about-writing-into-risk/

 

No comments: