Sunday, May 29, 2022

Somewhere in the depths of solitude

“Somewhere in the depths of solitude, beyond wilderness and freedom, lay the trap of madness.”

Edward Abbey, The Monkey Wrench Gang

“I despise my own nation most. Because I know it best. Because I still love it, suffering from Hope. For me, that's patriotism.”
Edward Abbey, The Serpents of Paradise: A Reader

“Ah yes, the head is full of books. The hard part is to force them down through the bloodstream and out through the fingers.”
Edward Abbey, Postcards from Ed: Dispatches and Salvos from an American Iconoclast

“A crowded society is a restrictive society; an overcrowded society becomes an authoritarian, repressive and murderous society.”
Edward Abbey, Postcards from Ed: Dispatches and Salvos from an American Iconoclast

No comments: