Saturday, July 16, 2022

Eavesdropping by Stephen Kuusisto

I love this book so much I grieve having to return it to the library. It's magnificent. A poets memoir. I have read passages aloud to my husband and I wish to reread the book and copy down favorite passages.

There was a wising well in the atrium and children threw coins. I heard their father instructing them, his deep voice like a low hanging branch. He was an American father. He wanted his children's money to land in the right place.

Eavesdropping by Stephen Kuusisto (p71)

The Icelanders in the men's locker room talked together like men in a boat. Their voices were low. Their words soft. Small boys spoke to their fathers. The men's voices were shade. The little boys voices were circles of light.

Eavesdropping by Stephen Kuusisto (p107)

No comments: