Friday, July 15, 2022

Gregg Mazel: Sweep Walking

Here’s a funny story for you today. The other morning  I was walking to the local hardware store with a small rolly cart box that holds my stuff. As I was walking down the street I see my neighbor Bill sitting outside with his little dog Maggie. Well, when Maggie caught sight of me and heard me coming down her side of the road, she started yelping. So I stopped my cart, and walked over to pet her and calm her down. Bill says to me, “oh, Maggie gets nervous around new things with sounds…” “I completely understand. I am the same way.“
Fast forward to two days later. I am spackling a room in the apartment listening to the Symphony Pops channel on the XM radio, when I hear this loud machine slowly rolling outside. So I stop what I’m doing, put my stuff down, and walk to the front window to look out to see what’s making the racket. To my surprise, it’s one of those big Elgin Street sweepers! And guess who is walking right next to the street sweeper, following them as they cross the river? Maggie and Bill.  Maggie must know the street sweepers that come once a year!
Hilarious.

-Gregg Mazel

No comments: