Friday, October 28, 2022

Stepping Out

When I stepped outside with Romeo pup I noticed a long ladder leaning against the second floor wall of the green house down the street. It was making a magnificent shadow.

When I got downtown I saw flashing lights. Three cars were stopped on the main road and two police cars had arrived. It looked like a three car pile up in front of Walgreen's.

On my way home I saw a lady wearing 50 skinny dyed braids. She pulled a stuffed animal out of a bag. It was a fuzzy squirrel. She was showing it to a man working at the car wash.

Back on my street my neighbor was walking towards me sporting magenta hair and wearing her famous red bathrobe over matching red knee-length leggings. She held a two-liter bottle of sugar free Coca Cola in her arms.

I love your colors, I said. 

Thank you, dear! 

Even your toenails are bright green. 

And they glow in the dark, she said, holding out her green rhinestone-studded claws. I cupped my hand around her fingers to see. 

Yes they do!

My grand-daughter loves them.

No comments: