Friday, October 20, 2023

One Bad Apple

I was walking Romeo downtown when I saw a fire behind the newly
purchased B&B motorcycle place at 372 Social Street. The flames were 
partially blocked by two blue plastic bins on wheels obscuring the view 
from the street. Since I was on foot I could see it was an unsecured 
open fire-pit. As I continued home I ran into a city worker at Bouley 
Field. I asked him if he wouldn't mind dialing the fire dept for me.
He was kind to do so and handed me the phone. I stated my name 
and explained that I had spotted an open fire.
"Did you go investigate?" the annoyed Lieutenant asked.
No, I said. "When I saw an unsecured fire I knew I should call." (I know the local
fire laws: no open flames allowed in the city unless secured by a 
screen or chimney).
He said, East School or Rathbun?
I said, no, Social Street, 372, in the back of the newly changed
motorcycle business. It's on their property.
And you thought you should call the fire department?
I thought I did call the fire department.
Okay,  we'll send someone out.
 
I have dealt with him before and he is a pain in the ass.
 
9:35 AM 10/20/23

No comments: