Monday, January 29, 2024

Found Story

My mom was born blind, and the Lord gifted her with a beautiful voice, as well as beauty and intelligence. She received full scholarship to Juilliard School of Music when she was 20…sadly, she married my father who wouldn’t allow her to go.  I know that ripped her heart through her whole life, though she only mentioned it once. As a teen, I asked her if she regretted marrying him, and Mom said, “ I got you and your brother out of it, so, no.” She taught me many of these arias, and “O Night of Love” that is played on here was one we sang together. (She taught me the English version, though, lol!) Mom’s love for the opera and classical music has been one of her legacies to us. My 3 children loved/appreciated it, as well, (especially my daughter). I buried my darling mom on this day, 11/11/2013.  and, then, my precious daughter 5 months later, 5/1/2014 oh, how I miss them both. Was listening to this today, letting my mind wander down sweet memories’ lane. Have enjoyed this video so much.*

No comments: