Thursday, April 18, 2024

Tangible Results

 I love to wash dishes. When I was 3 years old my mother put soapy water in a bowl outside in the driveway and I was happy to play for hours. I have been volunteering to do dishes at other people's homes since I was a kid. Years ago my sister in law in Maine saved a weeks worth of dishes for me. I was truly happy after a 3 hour car ride, to get soapy.

 I am an introvert. I'd rather be in the kitchen cleaning up than socializing. When I first came to RI I baked bread and washed dishes for my housemates. They were so happy. I even like washing my clothes (in the machine and then I have an indoor clothesline in the boiler room). Something about clean tangible results versus the creative unknown explorations of writing that I am regularly involved in.

No comments: