Wednesday, August 07, 2024

59 degrees

Last night after swimming I made lentil soup throwing a pound of lentils, onions carrots celery Chianti garlic bullion cube olive oil and a cup of leftover salsa into the instant pot with water. It's like doing a load of laundry. After 30 minutes it was delicious hot soup. It tasted like it simmered all day.

I am glad it's cool out because I get to wear my hoodie and feel the cozy chilly feeling I associate with New England. 

A new shop has opened opposite us and they have a neon coffee sign in the window that lights up in red yellow and blue flashing sequences and a day-glow green oak-tag sign Deli Opening Soon in the other window. In the next block a Thai wings place just opened and the decorations out front are printed with Congratulations Grad and gold lame tassels. 

I found an Admiral Nelson's Spiced Rum shot-glass on the sidewalk while walking my dog and I pocketed it and washed it. Now I drink my cold black coffee in it slowing me down to two ounces at a time.

No comments: