Sunday, July 08, 2007

Pushing Air

The other day I took apart our plastic box fan to clean the blades and grills. The years of caked-on dust had made it ineffective at pushing air. The newly-cleaned fan worked so well that I immediately took our other fan apart and cleaned it too. Then Bill got inspired and took apart the huge metal stand-up office fan and cleaned it.

Speaking of pushing air we had quite a parade in Bristol on July 4th. This year our Munroe Dairy Band had two saxes (Justin on alto, Frank on tenor) added to the regular line-up of bari sax, trombone, trumpet, and snare and bass drums. The weather was perfect and the crowd was happy. I loved looking at the sea of faces. I tried to play for each person. Since I got a late start in life playing my bari I hope to continue being strong and fit and playing sax well into my 80's!

Last night I dreamt I was seated in a parked car, and two birds with dark wings and orange chests flew in the window. I took my purple bandanna and wrapped up each bird one at a time and set it free out the car window. They each flew into a short lush green tree located a few feet away. The dream felt hopeful to me.

No comments: