Thursday, November 13, 2008

Fun Breaks

There's another furniture store going up on Socal Street which is the main road here in town. It used to be Yvonne's photo and Joe's car wash. I always thought the building was a hilarious combo as if your film would be developing in the back seat as you drove through the fixer bath. Recently a construction company has turned the old building into a commerical castle made of pale gray stucco with a false front and huge plate glass windows. It's one of my favorite artchitectural styles because it reminds me of old westerns. I keep fantasizing that I could take over this place and turn it into a dance studio. I imagine everyone dancing wildly in the window while people drove by! People could drop in for "fun breaks" instead of their usual cigarette breaks. People could feel good about their bodies and crave nutritious food. I believe we have tremendous and infinite well of wisdom behind our belly buttons.

1 comment:

A girl I know said...

I love this post! I love the observation of the hysterical things that we think we need (photo car wash) and I love the idea of "fun breaks." My belly button is satisfied after a bowl of avocado and tomato because I couldn't wait until lunch time! food can heal and so could "fun breaks."

LY
Kim