Thursday, October 08, 2009

Our Park

I decided to walk with Lily through the city to Fernandes Produce to get bananas. When we arrived I tied Lily out front and went in and bought a head of cauliflower and three big white onions along with the bananas. On the way home I let Lily swim in the WWII Park pond and she loved it. She swam after a stick and then ran in exuberant circles on shore. The fountain was running, spraying water! I was tempted to jump in too. I wish we could save the park from being abandoned by the State again and have free swimming lessons in the summer for the neighborhood kids and an arts-and-crafts shed for making art on rainy days just like they do at Spring Lake in Burrillville. We need to find a philanthropist to sponsor the cost of running the park and help save the city neighborhoods from devastating poverty. These kids need opportunities too.

1 comment:

lisaf70 said...

Hey Em,
I was just reading your blog about the Park and I thought what about Allen Shaun Feinstein? Maybe we could contact him somehow and see if he might be interested in helping with the park if we explain to him how much this park means to all the kids in the neighborhood, most of who are his junior scholars too. Let me know what you think.