Thursday, August 11, 2011

Abraham Lincoln

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
-Abraham Lincoln

Books serve to show a man that those original thoughts of his aren't very new at all.
-Abraham Lincoln

I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts.
-Abraham Lincoln

If there is anything that a man can do well, I say let him do it. Give him a chance.
-Abraham Lincoln

If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.
-Abraham Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
-Abraham Lincoln

You cannot build character and courage by taking away a man's initiative and independence.
-Abraham Lincoln

You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.
-Abraham Lincoln

You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was.
-Abraham Lincoln

When I hear a man preach, I like to see him act as if he were fighting bees.
-Abraham Lincoln

When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
-Abraham Lincoln

No comments: