Saturday, May 26, 2012

Frida Kahlo

I paint my own reality. The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration.
-Frida Kahlo

I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do. I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me too. Well, I hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes, it's true I'm here, and I'm just as strange as you.
-Frida Kahlo

They are so damn 'intellectual' and rotten that I can't stand them anymore....I [would] rather sit on the floor in the market of Toluca and sell tortillas, than have anything to do with those 'artistic' bitches of Paris.
-Frida Kahlo

Nothing is worth more than laughter. It is strength to laugh and to abandon oneself, to be light. Tragedy is the most ridiculous thing.
-Frida Kahlo

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows. But now the damned things have learned to swim, and now decency and good behavior weary me.
-Frida Kahlo

I hope the leaving is joyful, and I hope never to return.
-Frida Kahlo

I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone, because I am the person I know best.
-Frida Kahlo

They thought I was a Surrealist, but I wasn't. I never painted dreams. I painted my own reality.
-Frida Kahlo

The most important thing for everyone in Gringolandia is to have ambition and become 'somebody,' and frankly, I don't have the least ambition to become anybody.
-Frida Kahlo

Feet, why do I need them if I have wings to fly?
-Frida Kahlo

No comments: