Monday, May 21, 2012

Uniform

When you're self employed it helps to have a uniform. You can get in the mood and your community thinks you're legit. When taking the dog out your neighbors won't stop you for a long chat because they assume you're on your way to work, which is true but not the way they think. Recently I found a teal scrubs top in my closet with embroidery over pocket: EUKANUBA VETERINARY DIETS. I have no idea where it came from. Perhaps Lillian gave it to me. She would drop off four to six plastic bags of clothes for us to sort through. We'd donate whatever we didn't keep. Good ol' Lil, we're still wearing her clothes! I also have an old A&P shirt that my husband found in the rag bag at the piano shop he worked at years ago, and a white chefs jacket I like to wear in the winter. I plan to continue building my uniform collection.

No comments: