Saturday, May 10, 2014

Booker T. Washington

No race can prosper till it learns that there is as much dignity in tilling a field as in writing a poem.
― Booker T. Washington

There are two ways of exerting one's strength; one is pushing down, the other is pulling up.
― Booker T. Washington

I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.
― Booker T. Washington, Up From Slavery: An Autobiography

We all should rise, above the clouds of ignorance, narrowness, and selfishness.
― Booker T. Washington, The Story of My Life and Work

The longer I live and the more experience I have of the world, the more I am convinced that, after all, the one thing that is most worth living for-and dying for, if need be-is the opportunity of making someone else more happy.
― Booker T. Washington

No comments: