Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Morning Musings


Consideration

I saw the pink dawn this morning and got up and made blueberry pancakes. The only way to have peace and quiet around here is to wake super early, beat the rush on noise. . . .
Don't get me wrong I like noise but it has to be the kind you can screen out. My husband grew up in a huge family in a small house I grew up in a huge house in a small family. This might be why I can't tolerate other peoples noises and he can tolerate just about anything. The problem is I like people even more than he does, and I actually need them but I wish they would be quieter. I wish they would be considerate. He thinks its futile. I like music too but I don't place my speakers at top volume on my porch facing another apartment house. I have a tiny little radio that hums classical music mixed with static due to the bad reception. I still listen. I screen out the static. I also don't mind the sound of traffic, sirens, garbage trucks. But I hate when people blast their bass canons and my house shakes. That's when I fantasize taking pop shots. I bet I'd be really good at it. Or maybe as my pal Troy suggested, hitting them with a laser scrambling device that would fry their electric power. Instead I take a walk to calm my nerves or I phone the lady police dispatcher Flynn and say could you please ask the police to come by and tell the folks at 134, third floor left to lower the bass. My windowpanes are vibrating. I'm sure Flynn knows my voice by now.

The boy next door has his bedroom window 2 feet from my kitchen sink. I try to be considerate and shut the window when my husband and I are talking especially at 4AM. The boy I discovered is a vampire. A sweet handsome vampire but a vampire nonetheless. The other night when I couldn't sleep I came down to make a cup of tea and his bedroom was all lit up. It was 3:30 AM on a Monday. After I was done making tea I turned the light back off and scurried out with my tea. I was a vampire in high school too.


Strawberry Moon Pie

Yes, it's my name. Strawberry. My middle name is Moon. My pal Josie calls me pie but I'll get to that. My boyfriend calls me wild. I am a read-headed left-handed freak. A special freak my father says trying to comfort me. A freak show, my brother says because I don't like sweets. I think he's a freak because he would eat Gummy Bears and green monster cupcake frosting as dinner. My idea of a great dinner is pancakes but nobody listens to me. Lately all I want to do is shut the door to my room and stay inside and read about dolphins. I hate Spring and all of the birthday parties slumber parties and pool parties like everyone is suddenly happy and nice wearing pink and kelly green. Where were they all winter when the real nice weather existed? Last Sunday I made a terrarium out of a mayonnaise jar and I found some moss and what looked to me like baby trees to put inside. Pine trees for an ant. My parents got divorced and they pretend its nothing because they are still friends and dad lives nearby. Honestly that just makes it worse. I think most of what adults do makes things worse, don't you?

No comments: