Thursday, July 17, 2014

Agatha Christie

I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow; but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.
― Agatha Christie

Instinct is a marvelous thing. It can neither be explained nor ignored.
― Agatha Christie, The Mysterious Affair at Styles

I do not argue with obstinate men. I act in spite of them.
― Agatha Christie, The Mystery of the Blue Train

But surely for everything you love you have to pay some price.
― Agatha Christie, An Autobiography

If you place your head in a lion's mouth, then you cannot complain one day if he happens to bite it off.
― Agatha Christie

The best time for planning a book is while you're doing the dishes.
― Agatha Christie

One is left with the horrible feeling now that war settles nothing; that to win a war is as disastrous as to lose one.
― Agatha Christie

No comments: