Monday, September 15, 2014

Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estés

My taproot for writing and seeing was born and driven into a different world altogether. I have no formal schooling in writing. Am self-taught. Am not a testing psychologist. And my favored research methodology is listening to the tiny as well as to the loud. To listen to the overculture, but to listen underground as well.

I realized only recently, that these living experiences of walking with men of such heart-broken and yet strong psyches, including my work with veterans recovering from post-trauma, the men who have been in my memoir gatherings, any man I have had contact with who has told me or tried to tell me about his life and soul… including those with happy-calm life experiences and accomplishments with only a few nicks and dents… that this is why/ how I can write a book for/to men.

- Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estés
Source

No comments: