Sunday, September 07, 2014

The Pain

The pain never goes away but it retreats. I have not seen my friend in 19 years. I have an eerie feeling I may never see him again. When I "Google" to see how he is, I see a photo of him wrapped in scarves, now wearing black bulky glasses. He's put on a lot of weight. He looks like he's sinking into a pond. He suffered emotional and sexual abuse at the hands of his mother and his male art teacher. He was never able to repair the damage or escape his role. He went to a psychic for help and she said "All I see is locks and doors. Are you a locksmith? I can't get much else. I'll give you your money back." His whole life is on hold as he emotionally takes on the burdens of everyone absorbing the drama and getting angry. His damage is profound. His parents are 80 and 90 year old children. They destroyed their only child, their prince. He is too terrified to work on healing and health because if he opens the door Niagara Falls will gush in. So he keeps the door sealed with 8 two-by -fours and watches the splashing against the porthole, and he swallows the key.

No comments: