Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Jaques Pepin is Mesmerizing

My husband and I have long days and we don't get to see each other except at supper time and then it's early to bed, early to rise. A new ritual we have is catching Jaques Pepin on TV for a few mesmerizing minutes before bed. He is amazing.

When I wrote 'Fast Food My Way' in 2004, I hoped that my friends would prepare my recipes. Now, more people cook from that book than any other I've written in the past 30 years.
―Jacques Pepin

When you are at home, even if the chicken is a little burnt, what's the big deal? Relax.
―Jacques Pepin
Read more at http://izquotes.com/author/jacques-pepin/3

I tell a student that the most important class you can take is technique. A great chef is first a great technician. 'If you are a jeweler, or a surgeon or a cook, you have to know the trade in your hand. You have to learn the process. You learn it through endless repetition until it belongs to you.
―Jacques Pepin

No comments: