Thursday, February 19, 2015

Please Stay for Lunch

We count ourselves as lucky that when Anne-the-Plumber came she was able to replace and reroute the cracked drainpipe and make it safer as it was located very close to our circuit breaker box. I was thrilled that she was fixing a longstanding problem and a safety issue I didn't know about.

I heated up kale soup and roasted potatoes and made sourdough toast and Bill and I invited Anne and Mikey and her plumber nephew to stay for lunch. They accepted and we set the table. It was lovely. We realized we knew each other from the community garden. Her garden was the one that was most bountiful. She grew up here and had two cows and chickens and farmland along the river back when you could. My lifelong fantasy to be in the city with a dairy cow.

No comments: