Friday, July 03, 2015

Magritte Sky

I woke at 3:33 my head was writing so I had to get up and go down to my office, and put paper under me. It goes like this sometimes. I had two buckets of multi-grain sourdough wheat-berry oat, cornmeal, wheat bread rising. I greased my cast iron pans and set up the dough wondering if I had the local neighborhood diner. Imagine that. I like to imagine all sorts of things. I could call it the Bread and Butter Social because its on Social Street and serve my amazing bread and vats of soup and see what happens. I could call it The Woon-Socket-to-ya Diner! I could have live music on the weekends and make pancakes and waffles, sausage and eggs and 12 grain porridge with local cream. I'd be warm unlike spending winter working in my 45 degree house. If I was baking daily breads and rolls I wouldn't freeze to death like I do at home or I could turn the house next door into a cafe bakery. I'd call it "Pomegranate" (my definition) pomme=apples en Francais, and stone=granite). The Ancient Egyptians regarded the pomegranate as a symbol of prosperity and ambition. I am a dreamer!

No comments: