Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Vertical or Horizontal, no in between

Since I was very small I have been fascinated with motion. I made a sculpture: two blobs of gray plasticine connected by arched colorful straws. "tell me about it", my mother said.
It's the motion of the bouncing ball!" I exclaimed.
No much has changed except it is telling that I get motion-sickness from nearly everything. I wanted to animate my drawings and when I did I got sick. Movies, iPads, wind farms etc flip my stomach. Terra firma s'il vous plaît.

I have been thinking about this since I broke my foot because I hate to sit. It stops my brain. As my friend Jeff Marchand said "Now we know where your brain is!" He's right.

I work standing at my desk, easel, kitchen. I walk my dog to think. I swim laps to rest and rejuvenate. I'm vertical or horizontal, no in between.

No comments: