Saturday, November 12, 2016

Rest of Your Life Soup

When I opened the fridge all the vegetables shouted at me. So I took out my stock pot and began rinsing two heads of kale in the sink and then chopping them into bite sized bits. I cut up celery, carrots and potatoes too. I added water and then defrosted a tomato sauce to serve as the soup stock. I chopped two frozen boneless chicken breasts into cubes and added them to the pot. I sprinkled in Adobo and added bloops of olive oil and salt. The soup simmered for a while and we ate it for supper. It was delicious. "We still have four green peppers and a cabbage that I could add," I said to my husband. "But if I keep on adding things the soup will go on forever. We'd have to eat it all winter, or worse, for the rest of our lives. I don't want to make rest-of-your-life soup."

No comments: