Sunday, November 20, 2016

Sunday

Today I swam at the pool and after a bunch of laps I got into the flow. When I got home I walked Lily to the pond in the cold wind. I wore 4 sweatshirts and my hat and hood. After pushing beyond the cold it was lovely. I ran into Madison and her sister walking their Min-Pin Spud. Spud was wearing an Argyle sweater. They are such sweet kids. After we said goodbye the poignancy made me cry.

At supper time I prepared orange squash flavored elbow noodles in the pressure cooker and I decided to add fresh collards and carrots to steam with them. Then I added my cooked chick peas and leftover vegetable stock from the boiled dinner a few nights ago, along with a can of crushed tomatoes, olive oil, and Adobo. It became a fantastic minestrone soup that we enjoyed with Parmesan sprinkled on top. Then I shaped my slow growing-sourdough into loaves. They rose quickly in the warm oven and then I cranked up the temperature to 450, and baked them.

The daylight passes quickly this time of year but the nights are long. I try to get as much fresh air as possible before I am settled in for the night.

No comments: