Friday, August 11, 2017

Backyard Jungle

I am sitting outside at the picnic table in my backyard jungle. I have been awake since 2AM I was attacked by severe ragweed allergy headache and resisted getting up but my thoughts were eating me alive. I remembered it's best to get up when you can't sleep. I needed to attend to my severe head pain. I had to put something in my stomach before taking the allergy meds so I made a smoothie with banana ice buttermilk and orange juice. Apologies to the neighbors for running ice through the blender at 3 AM. Luckily their windows are stuffed with air humming conditioners. Then I had to figure out how to dim my computer screen so it didn't exacerbate my hammering an anvil headache. But that was then and this is now. I am enjoying two cardinals chirping like mad, the traffic-noise, and shade from my big red maple tree. Someone's phone is ringing. Could you get that?

No comments: