Saturday, August 05, 2017

Beth Brownsberger Mader

You are a hero
http://www.bphope.com/blog/you-are-a-hero/
If “heroic” is defined as “of great intensity … of a kind that is likely only to be undertaken to save a life”, then let it be said that our conception of “heroic” is far more intimate and substantive than that put upon us by others.

If you have compassion for yourself, just for this minute, and then this one … you are a hero.

If you tell yourself you need help, you are a hero.

If you ask someone for help, you are a hero.

If you seek to define coping for yourself, you are a hero.

If you want to find hope, you are a hero.

It is extraordinarily difficult for those who love us to comprehend our challenges. I will continue to explain, interpret, dance on my head, and do charades for my family until the cows come home if it will help them to understand a tiny bit more. In the meantime, I’ve learned that, indeed, I am brave, I am courageous. I am a hero, and I’m staying.

No comments: