Sunday, August 13, 2017

Receptivity takes Courage, Bolster Courage!

Reciprocity is a PRACTICE and it takes COURAGE. Like baking bread, building community, sharing a meal. A recipient has to diminish their fear in order to receive and reciprocate. This requires a great deal of COURAGE and inner work.

An eye dropper each a day can fill a glass of water in a week. Slow and steady. This is how the nervous system works.
Do not expect spiritual growth to happen overnight although occasionally it can happen that way.

But when at last I wrote my first words on the page, I felt an island rising beneath my feet like the back of a whale. As more and more words emerged, I could finally rest: I had a place to stand for the first time in my life. The island grew, with each page, into a continent inhabited by people I knew and mapped with the life I lived.
- Jimmy Santiago Baca

No comments: